In keeping with the traditions of Washington University in St. Louis, the Whittemore House is a conference center and private club for faculty, staff and friends. Originally constructed in 1912, Whittemore House was commissioned by Mr. Henry Haarstick for one of his two daughters. The Whittemore House opened its doors as a conference center in 1969 providing private meeting rooms, comfortable sitting rooms, an inviting veranda and a large dining room.
The Whittemore House provides its members and guests excellent cuisine and gracious hospitality for lunch, special events and conference needs. The venue is a great location for business meetings, private lunches, weddings, banquets and holiday parties. Participation in services requires a membership or member sponsorship.
The Whittemore House is located at 6440 Forsyth Blvd. directly across from Washington University's Danforth Campus.